*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

clutch pedal straight to floor :S

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

clutch pedal straight to floor :S

Postby L200Lee » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:58 pm

totally out of the blue, just started the van, went to put it in 1st and the clutch pedal jst went straight to the floor, no resistance whatsoever :shock: :? :(

gave it a couple of pumps as i couldnt believe it and it came back, like normal??

ive done a quick search and think it could be a cylinder fault?
ive been living with clutch slip for about 8 months, and its got a bit worse over the last week but still driveable,could this be related in any way?

I like to think This forum was a boring place until I turned up!
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: clutch pedal straight to floor :S

Postby gt_addict » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Not sure if they are related. But my mechanic mate when he changed my clutch and slave cylinder said it might go to the floor. He said pump it by foot or by hand and it shook be fine. If you obviously haven't had the clutch done it's either a knackered slave or master cylinder, I'd just get both replaced when you get the clutch done. It much just be the slave if it's slipping though, but you might aswell get the whole lot done at the same time. I got my clutch from euro car parts £135 after haggling ;)
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby simes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:14 am

mine's been doing this for 18 months, i'm glad i'm finally not the only one. Same thing happens to mine, i get in it some mornings and the clutch pedal is nearly on the floor, i just lift it up with my foot and it works, sometimes it happens when i'm driving. We changed the master cylinder which cost £150 parts and labour and it made no difference, so i thought i would leave it until it completely goes before i start opening the box up and that was 18 months and 60,000 miles ago
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby simes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 am

L200Lee wrote:totally out of the blue, just started the van, went to put it in 1st and the clutch pedal jst went straight to the floor, no resistance whatsoever :shock: :? :(

gave it a couple of pumps as i couldnt believe it and it came back, like normal??

ive done a quick search and think it could be a cylinder fault?
ive been living with clutch slip for about 8 months, and its got a bit worse over the last week but still driveable,could this be related in any way?

has yours got a DMF, that you know of???
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby L200Lee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Cheers guys, I have no idea on the DMF, I tried to enquire at transit parts as they sell the solid conversion kits, but they said it's not on the system :( so just have to wait until the bugger spins itself to death and gets opened up.

It wierd as it just depressed completely last night and scared the life out of me, but drove fine today with minimal slip :? :?

Will give it a bit of time and see how it goes, and just keep my fingers crossed! Haha
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby simes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 pm

mine's wierd as well, sometimes the bite is on the floor, sometimes its at the top, and then it might go a month with no problems at all, im just glad i didn't open the box to investigate as its just kept going, could've saved myself the cost of the master cylinder if i'd waited
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AlexB » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 pm

simes wrote:mine's wierd as well, sometimes the bite is on the floor, sometimes its at the top, and then it might go a month with no problems at all, im just glad i didn't open the box to investigate as its just kept going, could've saved myself the cost of the master cylinder if i'd waited

mine did this yesterday for the first time, stuck in loads of traffic on the m25 and stop starting then clutch was engaging allot lower stalled it three time ahaha, i pumped it loads and it brought it near normal height again but had me well worried hope it doesnt brake lol :O
AlexB
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby simes » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 pm

any updates on your clutch problem???
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mrtn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 am

Have it changed, mate. You don't want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere. Mine started slipping last year and after a short while the pedal gave out. Had to change the clutch assy with the cylinder.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby L200Lee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

No real news to report, only seems to have lost pressure twice, but still slips which does my head in, but it's wierd, it doesn't max out to the revs it just slightly increases then goes away,( if that makes sense?) ie; 3000rpm, 3000rpm, slip to 3300rpm then back to 3000rpm
Odd
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby L200Lee » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Luck ran out this morning!

Pedal has no resistance at all, after 20 odd pumps and still no improvement :cry:

So in the garage on Monday! :evil:
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby simes » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:14 pm

oooh..!!! let us know how it goes mate
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby L200Lee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Just picking the van up now, after a new slave and master cylinder and clutch. :cry:
Slave gave up, leaked all over the clutch and contaminated it, then when all that was replaced, couldn't get the pressure back in the master, so out again and master fitted. Off the road for 3 days now :cry:
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby simes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:04 pm

that sounds like a big bill!!! they had problems trying to bleed the system on mine as well when they changed the master cylinder, i take it you didn't have a DMF then
simes
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby L200Lee » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Couldnt tell you about the dmf, didn't think to ask :oops:
As for the bill, £480 cash, so that's my beer tokens gone for a while :cry:
L200Lee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Next

Return to Transit Connect