*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2 stroke in diesel

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2 stroke in diesel

Postby ZIGSTAR » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi I've gears a few on here use 2 stroke in the fuel
But dies this not clog up injectors ? & slow down cranking on cold starts ? Not to mention clogging outlet manifold ?
Regards simon
ZIGSTAR
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2 stroke in diesel

Postby furnitureman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm

ZIGSTAR wrote:Hi I've gears a few on here use 2 stroke in the fuel
But dies this not clog up injectors ? & slow down cranking on cold starts ? Not to mention clogging outlet manifold ?
Regards simon

Hi Simon do a search there are loads of posts i use it and its great
MK7 2006, 2.4 tdci, 140ps + TUNIT box = 165ps jumbo rwd known as "Big Blue" to the kids.
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ZIGSTAR » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Cheers on it
ZIGSTAR
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mattfx81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I have done a search on 2 stroke on here but cant really see what brand/grade of 2 stroke people are using? Semi or fully synthetic,any other differences?
mattfx81
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mattfx81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 pm

I have a 2004 2.0L TDDI which I am looking to select the oil for by the way, thanks in advance.
mattfx81
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby KH_Towbars » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 pm

mattfx81 wrote:I have a 2004 2.0L TDDI which I am looking to select the oil for by the way, thanks in advance.

Correct oil is 5w/30 semi synthetic for the engine
2016 CUSTOM LIMITED LWB Shadow Black
2010 VW CADDY MAXI 1.6TDi
SOLD VW T5 102 SWB
R.I.P MK6 FWD 2.0TDDI Duratorq, EGR mod, K&N air filter, 16"alloys
KH_Towbars
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mattfx81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Cheers KH but I meant which 2 stroke oil can i add to the diesel, sorry for the confusion.
mattfx81
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby KH_Towbars » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 pm

mattfx81 wrote:Cheers KH but I meant which 2 stroke oil can i add to the diesel, sorry for the confusion.

just go for the best quality 1 or a well known brand when it comes to oils, not used 2 stroke as yet but am planning to
2016 CUSTOM LIMITED LWB Shadow Black
2010 VW CADDY MAXI 1.6TDi
SOLD VW T5 102 SWB
R.I.P MK6 FWD 2.0TDDI Duratorq, EGR mod, K&N air filter, 16"alloys
KH_Towbars
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ZIGSTAR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 am

Yes but no one seems to know if it is bad for your system !!
ZIGSTAR
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 am

people have used it for years........not heard of any problems :wink:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Markgsx » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

I use it on and off in my 2.4 tddi. To be honest cant tell if it makes any difference or not! Most people stick around 300ml to an 80 litre tank of fuel, some use garden machinery two stroke, some use high performance synthetic. For peace of mind buy a named brand if it makes you feel better. Something to API or JASC standards is probably the best bet.

i cant see it clogging injectors as it is diluted significantly by the diesel, extra lube for the pump is useful. Listen to your engine, check the mpg without then try it over a couple of tanks and see if you think its quieter and if the mpg improves. Then you can make an informed desicion :)
Markgsx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ZIGSTAR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:13 pm

I wonder how it can increase mpg , ? Don't mind giving it a go to lube up to help wear
ZIGSTAR
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Delta9 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 pm

I have been using two stroke oil in my 2.4 duratorq 125ps 2002 for over two years and have only good thing to say. Less smoke on start up less noise, less smoke all round or none at all. To be honest though i get the same when using veg oil in with the diesel too, rapeseed oil seems to be the best. just put a few litres in a tank every week, even in winter. Or as i do in the summer use a 40/60 mix. I runs quieter for sure. Also cheaper then diesel :D

I found this on the web if anyone wants to read it. Not written by me. Don't know how true it is either but it's interesting..
quote..
To all interested:
due to the pollution control measures of the EC diesel-oil is nearly sulphur free and contains up to 5% of bio-diesel. Sulphur has the property to grease the high pressure injection pump and the injectors. Without sulphur, the reduced greasing property of the new diesel has already shown negativ impacts on the long-term stability of the injectors and the high pressure pump. The pump manufacturers have tried to react by lining the moving parts of the pumps with teflon or other suitable material. However, the long term stability is still not achieved as with the old (sulphor contained) diesel.
The engine-research centre of a well known German car manufacurer has conducted some long term tests of diesel additives to find out whether any one of them will have an impact on the long term reliability of the diesel engine components. This introduction to explain were my information comes from.
The results of this research: any diesel additive of any manufacturer presently on the market is not worth the money!
BUT: 2-stroke oil, which we use in our motor saws, lawn mower or in 2-stroke motor engines has shown to have an extreme positive impact on diesel engines, if such 2-stroke oil is added to the diesel in a homoeophatic dosis of 1:200. In practical terms: 0,300 litre of 2-stroke oil into the 70l diesel tank. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors.
Besides this, the 2-stroke oil will keep the diesel engine clean, as it burnes cleaner as the diesel itself.
In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned. This proven fact delays the DPF (diesel particulate (soot) filter) to clogg, and the "burn free" process of the DPF will be much less.
One more information: in Germany we have to present our cars every 2 years to the TUV -Technical Supervision Organisation - who will check, amongs others, the pollution of petrol and diesel engines.
The measured cloud-factor of a diesel engine without use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,95.
The same factor with the use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,47 - reduction of nearly half of the soot particles.
Besides this, the use of 2-stroke oil in the diesel will increase the milage by 3-5%.
Delta9
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jumbo camper » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:16 pm

I put on 100ml bottle of stihl 2 stroke oil to 20L of diesel and im sure its made a big differnce! i wont know for sure until i fill up again but normally the needle drop off the full mark after around 100 miles after putting the oil in i did around 140 miles before the needle left the full mark. its now done 270 miles and still over half a tank......i will post results on here when ive filled up and worked it out.... cheers paul
jumbo camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby carpy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 pm

I used to get a consistent 330 - 380 miles to a full tank. Put in some 2 stroke last fill up and this time got 425 miles before I had to fill up.

I carry a fair amount of weight in the van (including my own fat ass) and it's got a slow puncture so MPG should be better still.
carpy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits