*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

National grid connects

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: National grid connects

Postby gaz68 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

hello , iv'e just got a 06/55 plate lwb it's ex national grid ,i just parked near a gas man in town so i asked this bloke loads about them,he said the worst problem's on his motor was the battery save switch,because of all the electrical gear in his van it's getting a flat battery pretty often,this switch is supposed to stop it happening but he says if he has 3/4 days off the van never starts,his van also has the 70mph limiter on,i asked about servicing on them and he said they are on ball all the time,and if they need anything they go straight in,which put my mind at ease,mine came with 7 pages of main dealer history(pye motors morcambe)the only problem i have with mine is there is no over head shelf and a hole where the flip down screen was,so if any one has a spare over head shelf let me know on here ,cheers gaz.
gaz68
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby get connected » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:11 am

AA247 wrote:Iv actually been trying to get a number for someone at national grid

Can you let me know if you ever get a contact at NG

Yes the rear doors work as slamlocks, not sure how you would disable them. I find them quite useful and always keep my key in my pocket just in case.

Many local locksmiths will advise... Vanlock UK is a good place to look..
Keep a smile on your face at all times! The others think you know something that they don't !!!
get connected
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jhow2003 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Any joy on disconnecting the limiter or is it a garage job?
jhow2003

Postby stripeyvanman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:41 pm

The limiter is an ECU thing. It will mean seeing someone who has the right gear to de-program it.

Also many ex fleet NG vehicles will have a GPS tracking device though this is usually removed. It is usually fitted on the RH of the drivers side behind the panel.
stripeyvanman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jhow2003 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 pm

cheers stripeyvanman , bored getting stuck in the nearside lane!!! to the garage it is then.
jhow2003

Postby JP943 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:55 pm

dee-em wrote:I work for national grid and usually have a t350 to use but get a connect when mine goes into the garage, they tend to driven hard and servicing can get a little out of sync ont the pool vehicles, but apart from that theyre usually very good.

The extra wiring will be for Beacons, Laptop, Disc Drive, Flip-down screen, Tracker, Battery guard, VSAS Panic Button, Backminder reverse bleepers, Handsfree kits. Theres loads of extras on them and they usually get planty of attention as any of it goes wrong and theres a van off the road, I might even be able to get a few bits and bobs...

Does yours have the beacon switch in the daft place by the glovebox?

Hey dude! I was looking to see if I could contact the people who make the vans for national grid so I can get a clue on the electrics! If you have a company name that would be awesome. Cheers
JP943

Previous

Return to Transit Connect