*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


2.2 2013 transit swb

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:07 pm

My van is cranking but not firing plugged in pcm fault comes up ive ordered a new crank sensor and changed my fuel filter hopefully that will sort it, could be an ignition switch fault or would that bring a code up
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:40 am

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:My van is cranking but not firing plugged in pcm fault comes up ive ordered a new crank sensor and changed my fuel filter hopefully that will sort it, could be an ignition switch fault or would that bring a code up


What's the actual fault code..?? What code reader was used.??

Ignition switch failure won't throw a code as such.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Came up with 4 faults for indicator interface then pcm fault and abs was flashing after trying to start I’m just stressed cos it’s my business van but I will sort it on Thursday I’m sure any advice please would be grateful but stressing doesn’t help lol
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:24 pm

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:Came up with 4 faults for indicator interface then pcm fault and abs was flashing after trying to start I’m just stressed cos it’s my business van but I will sort it on Thursday I’m sure any advice please would be grateful but stressing doesn’t help lol


We need the actual fault code numbers, Pxxxx etc... As they can mean different things depending of the code numbers logged.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 pm

Hi guys still not working the codes are not there it just says pcm error but battery was dying, ive removed the injectors and cleaned them thoroughly and also cleaned the rail and replaced filter it wants to go but just doesn’t fire, the injectors were covered in oil and I’m wondering if the timing has slipped but the night I last used it all was good I hope the timing hasn’t slipped, but a few weeks ago the cog light came on in third going onto slip road and went in limp mode I turned ignition off and on then continued not come bk on since. All it says is PCM error, bcmii error that’s body control module, and the rcm error that is restraint control module. ACM error audio control module, Pam error parking aid module, ipc error instrument panel control module error
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:56 am

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:Hi guys still not working the codes are not there it just says pcm error but battery was dying, ive removed the injectors and cleaned them thoroughly and also cleaned the rail and replaced filter it wants to go but just doesn’t fire, the injectors were covered in oil and I’m wondering if the timing has slipped but the night I last used it all was good I hope the timing hasn’t slipped, but a few weeks ago the cog light came on in third going onto slip road and went in limp mode I turned ignition off and on then continued not come bk on since. All it says is PCM error, bcmii error that’s body control module, and the rcm error that is restraint control module. ACM error audio control module, Pam error parking aid module, ipc error instrument panel control module error


Do your interior lights work..?? OBD-II port and interior lights share the same fuse.

What code reader was used..??

Highly unlikely for all modules to fail at the same time, more likely a wiring/fuse/connection issue.

Does she fire on a sniff of easystart..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Wed May 04, 2022 7:44 pm

Not fired on brake cleaner this is why I’m thinking it could of slipped timing or cam sensor/crank sensor
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Wed May 04, 2022 7:48 pm

I used Ford scan and all lights work I’m just trying my best to ignore the possibility of the timing slipped and valves bent oooohh
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:53 pm

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:I used Ford scan and all lights work I’m just trying my best to ignore the possibility of the timing slipped and valves bent oooohh


If it won't fire on easystart, it may well have jumped the cam chain. These engines don't usually bend valves as they're straight on to the pistons, they usually lift and break the rocker ladder and/or pull the bolts/threads.

If using forscan, do you have cam/crank sync..?? If not, the cam timing may indeed have jumped.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Thu May 05, 2022 5:12 pm

I will have to plug it back in and try the sync and if that fails it will be the timing do you recon it’s easier to put another engine or jist replace the chain kit
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:55 pm

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:I will have to plug it back in and try the sync and if that fails it will be the timing do you recon it’s easier to put another engine or jist replace the chain kit


If it fails the sync check, it will need looking at properly, often if the chain slips/jumps it will just cause minor top end damage, relatively easy to sort. New engine is way overkill.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Thu May 05, 2022 9:55 pm

On my Ford can Iam getting fault codes B10123:23-
B110A6:01
B1090:16
B1012:16
This is leading towards the crank sensor I believe low circuit plus it won’t fire on brake cleaner and I do believe if there is no signal between crank and cam it won’t fire is this right. Thanks in advance
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Thu May 05, 2022 9:56 pm

My self test is also cutting out at 30% on certain testing self run program
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby B.O.Bmobmechanic » Thu May 05, 2022 9:58 pm

My self test is also cutting out at 30% on certain testing self run program
B.O.Bmobmechanic
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 pm

Re: 2.2 2013 transit swb

Postby knobby1 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:59 pm

B.O.Bmobmechanic wrote:On my Ford can Iam getting fault codes B10123:23-
B110A6:01
B1090:16
B1012:16
This is leading towards the crank sensor I believe low circuit plus it won’t fire on brake cleaner and I do believe if there is no signal between crank and cam it won’t fire is this right. Thanks in advance


If it won't fire on easystart, l fear the cam timing may have jumped or the chain snapped.

"B" fault codes are not powertrain related, they are body related and should not cause the engine not to run.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.