*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Positive camber

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Positive camber

Postby roperman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi,
i've got a mk6 XLWB minibus that has positive camber on the n/s front wheel. It was in a smash before I bought it on the o/s and has had a new strut etc on that side.

Its about 2 degrees positive according to ATS (just about discernible if you look carefully)

I have replaced the lower wishbone on that side, to no avail. I'm thinking its either the subframe is bent, or the hub or strut. Just had a new wheel bearing put in the hub too :s. Camber is fine on the other side, which to me would be the first side of the subframe to bend, so I'm thinking thats escaped damage. I'm leaning towards the hub more than strut, unless anyone has a better idea.

Is there anywhere I can get accident repair measurements so I can replace the right bit(s) rather than doing it piece by piece.

Thanks,
Danny
roperman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:52 am

Re: Positive camber

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi Danny,
Some "wheel alignment" places can fit a "camber bolt" to the inner/lower wishbone mounts, it has an eccentric shaft and allows a small amount of camber adjustment, might be worth asking at your local alignment place.

Failing that, you may indeed have a "bent" something, have you had a good look underneath to see if there's anything obvious??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18713
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.