*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Local toerags

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Local toerags

Postby royspeed » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I came out this morning and found that some local scum had done this;

Image

Thankfully, they chose the van that I had cleared out, so there was absolutely nothing of any value in there, but it still means that I have to pay out £60 excess to get the bloody window replaced!
I am just thankful they didn't pick on my Luton, because that has all my stuff in it :!:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Roy.
Image
Royspeed - Transport/Removals
Only Transits used!
User avatar
royspeed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: NW London

Postby MrMPuk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:31 pm

£60 Excess? I can get the glass for £10 and only takes 5 minutes to fit!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Postby royspeed » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:11 pm

MrMPuk wrote:£60 Excess? I can get the glass for £10 and only takes 5 minutes to fit!


That is all well and good, Mike, but by the time I have driven down to your part of the world, I will have used more fuel than is worth it! :(

It is easier to get someone riound here to sort it out, then I know it is done, and I can hopefully get the thing on the market (if I ge tthe chance to clean it, that is!) :shock: :shock:

Roy.
Image
Royspeed - Transport/Removals
Only Transits used!
User avatar
royspeed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: NW London

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:01 pm

talk to transitgeoff he could sell you a secondhand one and he isnt to far from you :D
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
User avatar
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: sussex

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:32 pm

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:talk to transitgeoff he could sell you a secondhand one and he isnt to far from you :D


Tenner's worth of Diesel minimum, plus congestion charge, go around the zone and make that £15 of diesel. Still work out cheaper than £60 though, not worth getting the insurrance involved, well I wouldn't.
User avatar
MarkM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Postby FredTransit » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Mark M's right, if you mention it to your insurance it will go against you come renewal time. I would fix it myself and asy nothing.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:39 pm

FredTransit wrote:Mark M's right, if you mention it to your insurance it will go against you come renewal time. I would fix it myself and asy nothing.


Not what I meant Fred, I can have all my glass smashed every year and it won't effect my insurrance. Windscreen then yes go the insurrance route but anything else pay out your own pocket. I meant for the sake of driving a little and saving £30+ it is way better than spending £60, think of the beer or ciggies that will buy...actually thinking about it not a lot but it is still a saving :lol:
User avatar
MarkM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Postby FredTransit » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm

OK Mark M, it's not what you meant, but I meant what I said. Sooner or later if you had a smashed window every year it will affect your premium, wether they tell you our not.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Postby WINDSCREENGUY » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 pm

lol supplied and fitted one today £45 and the nice indian fella moaned about the price :roll: i give up im gonna work in tescos :oops:
formally grey van man.

2010 115 semi high mwb . Fully loaded.
WINDSCREENGUY
previously grey van man
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:44 am
Location: hertfordshire,essex,london

Postby WINDSCREENGUY » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:43 pm

very true fred and on some polices its one claim per year now :shock:
formally grey van man.

2010 115 semi high mwb . Fully loaded.
WINDSCREENGUY
previously grey van man
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:44 am
Location: hertfordshire,essex,london

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm

FredTransit wrote:OK Mark M, it's not what you meant, but I meant what I said. Sooner or later if you had a smashed window every year it will affect your premium, wether they tell you our not.


I guess they will if you keep taking advantage of that section of the policy, but again I would only claim for windscreens the rest of the glass I would fit myself, so unless I get a real unlucky streak with gritting trucks or similar who don't put their nets on properly I should be ok.
User avatar
MarkM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:19 pm

grey van man wrote:lol supplied and fitted one today £45 and the nice indian fella moaned about the price :roll: i give up im gonna work in tescos :oops:


There you go £15 saving already...ask nicely and provide a brew and he will come to you?
User avatar
MarkM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Essex


Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.