My chassis cab’s front axel weight is around 1500kgs with 2 passengers and next to nothing loaded I front of the spring hangers
Moderator: Luke


twin wheel camper wrote: In the uk 190 transits have a 1600kg front axel and 2600kg rear axel (twin wheel models).
ramtec wrote:Do you know of any specific vehicles that have had a GVM upgrade so I can show my engineer a precedent ?





Jim Archer wrote:The thing is, if you move stuff behind the rear axle to avoid overloading the front, all you are doing is increasing the load on the rear.
Go too far and you mess with the axle load ratio - I once put a 1400Kg machine in the back of my Mk6 and it made the steering go ever so light .......![]()
Jim





Return to Technical Problems & Questions
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.