*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Well, I might be Transit less for the first time in 7 years

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Well, I might be Transit less for the first time in 7 years

Postby DazC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:53 pm

And maybe for a good while yet!!

I was traveling along passing some wagons in the second lane on the M1 near junction 17 north bound when traffic started to build up in the second lane in front of me (2 more trucks had pulled into the second lane).

I then moved over into the third lane to pass the traffic in the second lane but as I did, the third lane started to slow too. I was looking over the top of all the cars in front and watched as a Nissan Primera ran into the back of a Luton Sprinter van.

The rear of the Pirmera lifted about a meter off the floor and landed over to the left. I immediately slammed on the brakes managing to stop the van with no collisions.

Just as I came to rest about half a meter behind an Audi A3 in front, I looked in the door mirrors to see an Astra with tyre smoke pouring out from it's fron arches.

The Astra ploughed into the back of my van with such force that I was pushed into the Audi. The Audi was then pushed into an Alfa Romeo in front and that in turn was pushed into a Mercedes E class.

I was expecting to see the rear doors over the rear wheels with the force that I was hit. I got out and noticed that the spare wheel was on the floor some 1.5 meters behind the van with the Astra being another 1.5 meters behind that. I picked up the wheel and threw it in through the side loading door. I reversed the van out of the Audi's bottom and moved the van off to the hard shoulder.

Unfortunately the van may be written off and is borderline on being repaired. I'll be gutted if it goes as I got it with all the bits and pieces I wanted on it and it was barely 2 years old with just 30k on the clock.

I'll post some pictures of the devastation tomorrow evening as they are on my lap top.
DazC
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Postby djswampy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:56 pm

ooo, nasty. Could of been avoided if everyone kept their stopping distances and were alert. But this is the real world.

At least you're safe. I guess no one else was seriously hurt. Where was this?
Current Transit: Mk8 tourneo Sport with go faster stripes.

Long time sold: Mk5 LWB 190, 2.5di banana SHR, 3 seats, SLD, Twin rear doors (rusted bottoms), manual locking & windows.
User avatar
djswampy
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Colchester.

Postby sus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:04 am

sorry to hear that :(
sus
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Postby AndyG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:22 am

:shock: That's just bad luck :!: :(

Glad you're ok though :!: :D

Just make sure the insurance pay the right amount for you to be able to replace it :idea:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Postby DazC » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:24 am

I don't think there was anyone seriously hurt. Everyone was walking around although some suffered more than others!! Bruised shoulders from seat belts and all that.

I am fine apart from my neck aching constantly and hurting badly if I put it in 1 position. Plus it's making some horrible cracking noises!! My back is also playing up and I get a really sharp pain in the centre of my back that causes me to react very quickly as it hurts so much! It constantly aches too!

Come to think of it/try it here, I can't turn my head as far to the left as I can to the right!!!!! :shock:
DazC
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Postby AndyG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:28 am

Mate :idea: you need to get yourself to the Hospital :!: :shock: QUICK :!:

You will not be able to move tomorrow :!: :!:

You are swelling up :( and the pain will get worse :!: :evil: :( You'll need pain killers :!: :(

Or call out the "night doctor" :idea:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Postby DazC » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 am

Andyg wrote:Mate :idea: you need to get yourself to the Hospital :!: :shock: QUICK :!:

You will not be able to move tomorrow :!: :!:

You are swelling up :( and the pain will get worse :!: :evil: :( You'll need pain killers :!: :(

Or call out the "night doctor" :idea:


Don't worry too much mate!! The accident happened on August the 1st!! I've just not had chance to get on here much!!

I've been like this since the accident and all the hospital say is take ibuprofen!!
DazC
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Postby AndyG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 am

Oh :!: I thought it was today :wink:

Have you had a doctor's report for the insurance :?:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Postby MrMPuk » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:42 am

DazC wrote:I've been like this since the accident and all the hospital say is take ibuprofen!!


Get a prescription and get the stronger ibuprofen.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Postby sus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:49 am

go for co codemol thats nice and strong
sus
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Postby FredTransit » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:34 am

I have just caught up with this. Daz you need to get more pushy about this with the doctors, when one of our Lutons was hit form behind by an artic, the passenger walked away but it turned out he had two crushed vertebrae. Sorry to hear about your van too.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Postby DazC » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Sorry for the delay in producing the pictures!! Been busy and haven't had access to the pictures!!

First off, the car that caused the whole thing!! This ploughed into the back of a Sprinter.

Image
Image

The Sprinter that the Primera hit.

Image

The Audi that I was pushed into.

Image

The Alfa that the Audi was pushed into.

Image

The front of my van. Impact damage from shunting the Audi.

Image

The rear of the van from being shuted by an Astra.

Image

The Astra that hit the back of my van!!!

Image

And the damage to the rear chassis legs that may push the cost of repair to high. I hope not as I want it back!!

Image
Image

Van drove exactly as it always had all the way home. The only noticable difference to it was a small vibration from thw exhaust touching the floor pan.
DazC
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:34 pm

That astra is well and truly f**ked :D
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: NORTHAMPTON

Postby Luke » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 pm

gonna be close if the transits written off or not but even tho its newish my guess is write off :(
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Postby sc_BK » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Lol aye what a feckin dipstick :lol:

TBH the van doesn't look too bad, lets hope it's fixable.


I saw a crashed focus estate on the A82 a few days ago. The guy lost control on a very sharp corner, went down about 5 metres into a large kinda ditch (no water), taking out a snowpole and going over a plastic bollard. The car ended up pointing the way it'd just came, wedged in tight. There was barely a scrath on the thing, rear bumper was hanging off but that was it! The driver was walking about and that (I was talking to him), IMO he was lucky it didn't flip, he'd have been f*cked then :lol:
User avatar
sc_BK
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 6100
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 am
Location: Ross Shire............. Transit: Mk7 LWB

Next

Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.