Also can the boost on the turbo be safely turned up as my 75ps 02 doesnt seem to have the turbo response I would imagine even when empty, although im used to smaller vans so it might just be expecting too much!!
Nighthawk wrote:the 75 doesn't have the intercooler and the calibration of the management system is different.
both matters can be addressed though

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:bluefin![]()
![]()

madmark wrote::? mate i would think a inter cooler would help!

Grimly wrote:100ps_drw_hicube wrote:bluefin![]()
![]()
I don't know if this engine has a chip - it's an early 2.0L TDI. Checking around, I don't see much control electronics.
My intention with this is to simply add a few HP without spending much - an extra 10 or 15bhp would suit me nicely. I don't want to overstress the engine too much, as I intend to keep this van for a few years yet and it's got to earn a living. It would be great to ramp it up to 120ps, but I'd be leary of that for reliability.
madmark wrote::shock: are you running on chippy oil????? does it run ok??????

Grimly wrote:Mine seems to have some shitty arrangement on the inlet manifold, which I assume cools the charge to somewhere near the cooling system temperature; ie, not much.
My van is an early FWD 2.0L TDI, and as far as I can see, is lacking much in the way of engine electronics.

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:should have a ecuand a electric fly by wire throttle pedal im sure 2000on all had ecu's
![]()


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.